BlackMilk Clothing is the destination for alternative pop fashion. We’re a label for those who don’t want to be labelled. We put our own twist on the word ‘fashionable’. We take the unfamiliar and the familiar to create something that transcends both.
We believe that the alternative exists, not to be different for the sake of being different, but to create something genuinely better than what everyone else is offering. This is our attitude in every aspect of our business. We are not aiming for different, we’re aiming for better. And that’s what makes us different.
As Merchandise Planner, you will have ownership over the BlackMilk Essentials category and contribute insights and range planning for our Licensed collections. This includes quantification, maintenance, product flow and optimal in-stock service levels on all replenishment items, within stock targets. You will make recommendations for additions, discontinuation and exit strategies on replenishment items.
On a day-to-day this could include:
- Developing effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Proposing and implementing solutions to improve forecast accuracy.
- Responding to demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner (uplift in sales, low performance, stock cover)
- Forecasting future product demand, analysing and monitoring inventory flow and holding.
- Analysing business KPIs such as sales plans, markdowns, forward cover, stock-to-sales ratio, and stock turn.
- Creating and maintaining in-season product plans and forecasts. Collaborating with the Merchandise Manager to execute top-down and bottom-up roles of individual SKUs and styles.
You’re a highly analytical person, driven and directed in your decisions by the data. You bring a curiosity to your work, not afraid to ask and find out the why. As a self-starter, you are comfortable working with your own initiative autonomously, while also maintaining a collaborative presence in your team. You have a flexible “can do’ attitude, with a solutions-focused approach.
Some of the things we are looking for:
- Experience in a similar role, understanding the demands of working in retail where analysis may need multiple revisions in order to meet shifting consumer and operational requirements.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate to a compelling message and “sell” to your stakeholders
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills with the ability to manipulate data using advanced formulae and pivot tables
- Experience with driving inventory productivity improvements
- Experience of working under deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
BlackMilk is an Australian fashion label that produces fun and unique products for our loyal and growing global customer base. We started from a kitchen table in 2009, and have been helping our alternative audience be fabulous ever since.
We are a passionate group of people who are committed to creating top quality and unique clothing. We are super proud that we get to do it right here in Brisbane, and we want to attract people who are as passionate as us about creating magical, shiny things every day!
Some words we live by:
- Love It – We are passionate, positive and celebrate our wins!
- Efficiency – We are planned and organised problem solvers who embrace a growth mindset.
- Genuinely Care – We are community minded, collaborative and always authentic.
- Super Cool – Curiosity, innovation and resilience means we find a way to transcend the ordinary.
When it comes to sustainability, like most brands, we are on a journey. What are we doing in this space? We keep our manufacturing efficient, minimising fabric wastage, recycling as much as possible, and use compostable bags. We are always looking for ways to reduce our environmental footprint. We love that we have a thriving community who actively buy, sell and swap BM gear to ensure our products are like cats…they all get nine lives.
Why Work with Us?
You will get to work with a passionate, fun and supportive team – working with product that impacts our strong community of customers.
We are a values-driven, socially inclusive, and supportive organisation. Our employees (and family) can access our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to provide support 24/7.
The following additional perks we like to offer as a way to say thank you for the energy, effort, and results our people deliver:
- Generous 50% team discount
- Professional, Technical & Leadership Development Programs
- No dress code – we are leggings-as-pants kind of people, but you do you – wear your style to work!
- Marketplace discounts (gift vouchers, movie tickets, products) offered through our HR platform
- Salary advancing through our HR platform – for all of those unexpected emergencies!
- Regular social events
- Free on-site parking
How to Apply
Ready to join team BlackMilk? Hit the apply button and send us your resume and a cover letter, highlighting your alignment and ability for this role.
We will commence screening and interviews as soon as suitable candidates are identified, so please do not delay with your application!
At BlackMilk, each and every person is welcome. Whatever your identity, sexuality, gender, race, or nationality may be, we are inclusive for all and celebrate each other’s individuality.
BlackMilk acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live and work.