Work type: FP – Full-time Permanent
Location: North Ryde, Sydney
Who we are
Take a seat at Freedom, the home of innovation, empowerment, and opportunity. For more than 40 years, we’ve continued to deliver on our promise: to make beautiful things for the home available to everyone.
Our company is about our people, so honesty, transparency and recognition are at the heart of how we work. Spend your day inspired to grow, through problem-solving, collaboration and hard work. We’re design-led, product obsessed and constantly evolving.
Our in-house design team is seeking an awesome designer to work across graphics and textiles specifically for homewares. We are a close-knit team capable of great things. We harness global trends and work together with our product team to ensure we create pieces that align and advance our brand, as well as deliver great quality products our customers love.
Your new role will see you:
- Researching global trends and interpreting for the Freedom customer.
- Designing and curating a wide variety of homewares with a focus on textiles and wall art.
- A love for your product areas which sees you strive to create the best possible outcome. Having the design skills to advance our offer with the next hot item or range.
- Taking ownership of the design process, partnering with our product and manufacturing teams to identify opportunities, sell your ideas and take a product from concept right through to production.
- Presenting your research, visual concepts, and final designs to internal stakeholders, incorporating feedback and sales data into the design process.
- Preparing artwork for technical specification packs and production sheets to ensure accurate sampling and production.
- Providing feedback directly to factories to achieve great outcomes.
You are a self-starter with a degree in a design related field. You have worked in an industry which supports your practical knowledge. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy taking the initiative on design projects, with real excitement for the industry you work in.
- Working with the Head of Design and the Freedom Design Team to research, interpret and present a commercial direction for the Freedom offer – specifically for the ‘soft textile’ homewares category (including cushions, throws, bedlinen, napery, towels) and wall art.
- Working alongside the Freedom product team to curate, refine and design products for the customer, steering the Freedom handwriting towards commercial gain and growing market share.
- Identifying future best sellers, re-imagining or creating from scratch. Working with the factories and the product team, designing to price points, manufacturing capabilities and customer demands.
- Ensuring functionality and quality are not compromised to curate Freedom’s market leading collections.
- Liaising with a variety of stakeholders across the business, from fellow designers, suppliers, the Product team, QA, factories, Marketing, and store teams. Plus, supporting promotional activities such as PR events and showcasing the new product.
Is this you?
- 5+ years’ experience specifically within a textile or graphics design related industry.
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of materials, construction, and manufacturing techniques.
- Inspired by multiple sources of inspiration and information to deliver bespoke yet highly commercial designs.
- An excellent team player with a ‘can do’ attitude with exceptional communication skills, providing quick and confident solutions to support our business needs and able to communicate those solutions effectively.
- A design ambassador, championing a design led way of working, able to visually story tell through impactful products and ranges.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and still maintain creativity.
- Have a high level of commercial and business intelligence, plus, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with excellent file saving and housekeeping.
- Strong technical ability in Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and Microsoft office suite including excel.
- High capacity to juggle between small, medium, and larger projects that might have competing deadlines.
- Maintain and exceed KPIs to the best of your ability within an ever-changing environment whilst maintaining integrity and accuracy
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications – textile design related.
Perks of the job
- Working from home options once you have your feet under the desk.
- Overseas travel opportunities
- Design related excursions & events
- 25% staff discount across all companies under Greenlit Brands, including sales prices.
- Discounts on health cover, travel and more through OurHub, our partnership discount program.
- Free on-site gym and classes.
To be considered for this role, you must attach your most current design portforlio and CV.
Have a voice, make an impact, and find your seat at Freedom.
Freedom to grow. Freedom to think. Freedom to be.