Job no: 515465
Work type: Full time
Location: QLD, Brisbane metro area
Passion for all things analytical, curious mindset, spreadsheet lover, detail orientated, drawn to all things sparkly. That’s about you. Since 1979, we’ve been sharing in brilliant moments with our customers and earned the reputation for quality jewellery along the way. We are open, trustworthy and share our knowledge. This is about us. Create your brilliance. This is what we can do together!
With a continued focus on the future, Michael Hill is looking for an energetic and career focussed Senior Planner to join our global Planning Team, here in Brisbane.
Reporting to our GM of Planning, this full-time opportunity will be responsible for the exciting categories of Coloured Stones and Diamond Fashion. The key objective is to grow sales and profitability for the relevant categories in partnership with Buying. This is an autonomous role managing the inventory position, promotion and ranging decisions to maximize gross profit.
More about the opportunity:
- Ownership of the OTB, inventory levels, budgeted sales and profit across Coloured Stones and Diamond Fashion categories
- Lead product development process
- Work with your Buyer to develop a commercial, aspirational range
- Performance Reporting – managing team data to maximise results & ROI
- Using the Planning system to forecast demand and generate orders
- Growing your leadership capability through coaching and training your Planning team
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Strong analytical skills (retail planning experience would be an advantage)
- Advanced Excel skills – a true love for spreadsheets!
- Strong business acumen
- Possess strong communication skills to partner effectively with cross-functional teams
- Positive and caring leadership style
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, problem solve & thrive in a fast-paced team environment
What we have to offer:
- Brisbane based Global Support Centre Office – brand new state of the art Cannon Hill
- An inclusive and diverse culture committed to your professional development
- Learn from our best-in-class leaders
- Discounts on a full range of brilliant products
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
Realise your potential today…