Is this program right for you?
Do you want to launch your career in Fashion Buying or Merchandise Planning, but just cannot seem to get your foot in the door?
Have you got oodles of retail store experience but cannot land a role in head office?
Are you a recent graduate who really wants to work in fashion but doesn’t want to do another three year course?
We want all our graduates to be successful in developing a career in fashion buying or merchandise planning. With our extensive experience working in these fields, we also understand just what it takes to succeed. Our program is unlike a TAFE or university course, in that we primarily focus on the skills and knowledge required by the industry, and how they are applied on-the-job. Below is a list of criteria that we are looking for in applicants:
- Working in fashion retail is exciting and challenging, at times there is a lot of pressure, with many conflicting priorities, so the abilty to multi-task is essential.
- Those working in buying and planning need to be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- You need to be confident working with numbers (numerate), have an eye for detail and know your way around an Excel spreadsheet.
- Merchandise management is a team sport, and the ability to collaborate and work well with others is paramount.
- Very good level of English
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative/team player
To be accepted onto our program you need to be either a citizen, permanent resident or hold a visa which entitles you to live and work in Australia.
- The program has been designed so that students can continue working, however, you must be available to intern a minimum of one full-day per week for the duration of the program.
- You need to provide your own laptop, with the Office suite of programs. Assessment submissions will be in PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint format.
- Weekly tutorials take place via Teams and you will need to have access to high-speed internet for the tutorials.
- Hold a current work visa, or
- Be a citizen, or
- A permanent resident
- Intern 1-day per week
- Access to high-speed internet
- Laptop with Office suite
still not sure?
To find out if this course meets your career aspirations and if it is right for you, book a careers consult today…